Up to the EServer! | Up to the Internet Collection!
Internet: Copyright and Intellectual Property Issues
- Against Intellectual Property Articles and Resources on Intellectual
Property & Copyright
- Association for Computing Machinery (or USACM)This is a fabulous site full of useful information about copyright and intellectual property. This group regularly makes submissions to government, organizes public forums and makes a wide body of public policy information available. Their intellectual property page is a very useful resource.
- Intellectual Property Rights In DataBy J. H. Reichman & Pamela Samuelson. Very interesting and comprehensive article on the legal history of intellectual property rights, along with a critical exploration of the appropriateness of emerging copyright laws with respect to electronic databases. The draft of an article that will appear in Vanderbilt Law Review 50 (January 1997)
- World Intellectual Property Organization's Submission on DatabasesWIPO's submission on The Treaty On Intellectual Property In Respect Of Databases 1996. A useful point of reference for the article by Reichman & Samuelson.
- Communicationalist Manifesto Nice list of resources concerning copyright, intellectual property and related issues
- Intellectual Property and the NII
- Intellectual Property Law Journal
- Is Information Property? (21k)
- MTV sues Curry (9k)
- Society for Electronic Access
- Poulton Associates on the Legal and Financial Risks of On-line Communication
These pages focus on various different aspects of the Internet. They feature essays and articles written about the net and such issues as copyright, democracy, access, politics and culture. It contains guides for using Internet protocols and software, as well as collections of electronic text and net-activist resources. Please send suggestions, comments, links, thoughts, to email@example.com.